Bartlett City Beautiful presents - 2020 Bartlett Gardening University
- This series of presentations are designed to provide information and inspiration for home gardeners whether they are experienced or beginners.
- The series is open to the public, FREE, no registration required
- All presentations will be provided by Master Gardeners
- These programs will begin at 2:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the Bartlett Public Library located at 5884 Stage Road
2019 Bartlett Gardening University
- January 11, 2020: Master Gardener Jean Ward Jones
Shade GardeningShade gardening is not all about hostas and ferns. It can be as rich and lush as a full-sun garden. You can achieve breathtaking displays in spaces that have only partial sun or even deep shade. Plant selection is at the heart of an award-winning shade garden. Create an interesting oasis with a variety of shapes and colors. Find out what to stay away from and what works best. Discover hardscapes, water treatments, and yard art to contribute to your shady retreat.
- January 18, 2020: Master Gardener Tom Mashour "Growing Vegetables in the Home and Garden" "Home Vegetable Garden". It will be on tips and soluntions for typical problems and cures.
- January 25, 2020: Master Gardener Susan McKnight "Make Friends with Good Bugs" Instead of waiting until "bad" bugs eat your vegetables and damage your ornamental plants, learn how to attract beneficial insects and other beneficial arthropods to be present to eat the "bad" bugs. This is an introduction to the pratice of conservation biological control.
- February 1, 2020: Master Gardener Jim Volgas "Trees and Storms". A discussion on how trees grow to resist storm damage and things we should do and not do to assist.
- February 8, 2020: Master Gardener David Fuchs "Composting Outdoors and Indoors" This presentation explains how to create an outdoor compost pile as well as the benefits for both the garden and the environment. Indoor composting or vermicomposting explains how to use worms to make compost.
- February 15, 2020: Master Gardener Tom Rieman "Weedless Gardening" Weeding is one of the most despised, never ending activities of gardeners. Learn what you can do to turn this onerous chore to an occasional activity.
For more information email Tom Rieman, Bartlett City Beautiful or call (901) 386-7539.