Stay At Home Recreation
Saturday, May 16 is now "Parks to Kids" Day
A Virtual Park CelebrationCOVID-19 has impacted everyone and has limited our ability to interact with our beloved national, local, and state parks. With this in mind, National Park Trust has decided to take the 10th anniversary of Kids to Parks Day digital and instead celebrate May 16, 2020, as Parks to Kids Day -- bringing a much-needed infusion of the outdoors to kids and families as they isolate at home and practice social distancing. We know that this is not ideal but we also know that we are all in this together. We encourage kids and families to continue their celebration and join us by bringing the parks home on May 16th.
The Bartlett Parks & Recreation Department (BPRD) has linked select resources below for you to help celebrate the outdoors together:
- Bartlett Neighborhoods Scavenger Hunt (created by Singleton Community Center)
- Buddy Bison's Mini-Park Experience (build-your-own mini-park!)
- Buddy Bison's Backyard Bingo (this activity is sure to provide you with fun for several days!)
- Buddy Bison's Leaf or Bark Rubbing (all you'll need are: crayons or a pencil, clipboard, and leaves or bark)
- 30 Things to Find at the Park (how many things can you find?)
- Boredom Busters: Hiking Adventures (guidance on how to safely enjoy a hiking adventure!)
- Boredom Busters: Let's Go Camping! (setup camp at home or at a state, local, or national park!)
- Buddy Bison's Park Activity Book (a great companion guide for use at a state, local, or national park!)
- Buddy Bison's Veggie Garden (learn how you can grow your own vegetables using kitchen scraps!)
- USA Baseball Activity Booklet (part of USA Baseball's "Fun at Bat at Home")
- Cooperstown Virtual Tour (digital programming from the National Baseball Hall of Fame!)
- MLB's Kids Activities Page (a whole host of baseball-themed activities from Major League Baseball!)
- Go for a walk at your favorite park and take a selfie in front of the sign
- Film your own Blinding Lights Dance Challenge like Buddy Bison!
- Create an obstacle course in your backyard or through your house and film everyone going through!
- What other fun activities can your family think of?
Stay at Home Recreation
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented all of us with new challenges to navigate on a daily basis.
In an effort to assist our citizens with healthy recreation options our Department has been sharing "Stay-at-Home Recreation" resources to their FB pages over the past few weeks. If you’re not currently following them make sure to visit: Bartlett Recreation Center, Bartlett Senior Center, City of Bartlett- Singleton Community Center, and Bartlett Parks and Recreation Athletics.
You can also access additional resources below. If you have any ideas that you’d like to see included with our virtual programming then please send us an email. We’re in this together!
|EDUCATION & LIFE-LONG LEARNING||
|My COVID-19 Time Capsule||Singleton Preschool||Backyard Bingo||Playworks: Play at Home||Science Explorers||Bartlett Parks|
|Oragami USA||National Constitution||Homemade||BRC FB Page||Nature Scavenger Hunt||National Parks|
|DIY Luminarias||PBS Kids||LegoLand Activities||American Council||Memphis River||Pink Palace:|
|Easy Peasy & Fun||NASA STEM Activities||Outdoor Families Magazine||BOKS at Home||NatGeo Kids||National Marine Sanctuaries|
|Southwest TN CC||Boredom Busters||How Does Nature Impact||Parks to Kids Day|