Singleton Community Center
UPDATE: Bartlett Parks & Recreation Department Re-Opening, Phase 2
Even as we begin to resume activities and re-open the closed amenities in our parks and facilities, social distancing, wearing a face covering while in public, and personal hygiene remains the most important aspect of keeping yourself and others safe. We strongly encourage all residents to assist in the safe use of our parks and facilities so that they can remain open!
Please continue to follow updates through this page and our Department’s other social media outlets for the latest information.
Singleton Community Center will move into Phase 2 of the reopening process beginning Monday June 1st. The front office will be open and staff will be here to assist you with any transactions.
Registration for Camp Singleton has begun. Please check the Camp Singleton page for more information.
More class are begining to start back up. Please reach out to your instructor to see when your class will meet next.
All greenways, parks, and walking paths remain open.
Please observe the following guidelines if you choose to visit one of our 29 parks:
- Continue to practice social distancing from others who are not from your household.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers the nose and mouth where being in close proximity to others is anticipated and particularly where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. **Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age two, anyone who has trouble breathing, or anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Individuals should not participate in "social/recreational gathering" of more than fifty (50) people. Social gatherings include, but are not limited to, graduations, yard sales, and house parties.
Opening week of June 1:
- Our Athletics Office will resume issuing permits for practices only at Appling Softball Complex (due to storm damage no permits will be offered at Ellendale Park at this time). Any team that registered for the BPRD Spring league will be able to practice at no charge while all others will be subject to the rental fee of $30 per field.
- You may begin calling the Athletics Office at (901) 385-5599 after 1:00pm this Friday, 5/29 for permits for the week of June 1st. Practice times are restricted to 90-minutes and will be staggered at each field and will be limited to one team only (coaches and players only). No scrimmages or games with other
Opening Monday, June 22:
Summer Camps at both Bartlett Recreation Center and Singleton Community Center will begin with new guidelines in place based on those established at the local, state, and national level. Registration for Summer Camp will be accepted at each location beginning Wednesday, May 27. For additional information on Summer Camp please contact Elizabeth Luster
What’s still closed?
Playgrounds and playground equipment is still closed at this time.
While many outdoor areas do not require additional disinfection measures, playgrounds and park equipment that is frequently touched by multiple people poses another challenge when considering reopening.
CDC specifically cites that “there are additional concerns with outdoor areas that may be maintained less frequently, including playgrounds, or other facilities located within local, state or national parks.” Some of these concerns include:
• They are often crowded and could easily exceed recommended guidance for gatherings.
• It can be challenging to keep surfaces clean and disinfected.
• The virus can spread when young children touch contaminated equipment and then touch their unwashed hands to their eyes, nose or mouth.
For all Singleton questions or inquires email our Facility Manager, Kevin Rooney at email@example.com