**DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL IN-PERSON LESSONS**
Donna Metler is offering in-person and virtual piano instruction for beginners to intermediate students starting this fall. In person Lessons will be scheduled for Tuesday or Thursday, and virtual lessons will be scheduled on Mondays, with Friday reserved for any makeups.
The cost will be $200/residents and $225/non-residents. Additional $50 for book purchase for in-person lessons. A book/supply list will be provided for virtual students.
Ages 3 and up. A parent will need to actively participate in lessons for children age 6 and under, and may need to assist occasionally for older students.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or to setup your lessons please reach out to Donna at email@example.com. To register please click HERE
For Ages 3 through High School
12 Sessions: January 11 - April 12; Off - 1/18 (MLK Day), 3/15-19 (Spring Break), 4/1-6 (Easter); Makeup Days - 4/13-4/26
Class Schedule: Set with instructor
Resident Fee: $200 per session
(12 1/2 hour lessons)
Non-Resident Fee: $225 per session
(12 1/2 hour lessons)
Book Fees: $50
Instructor: Donna Metler
Donna Metler is offering in-person beginner percussion programs for grades K-8. Each 10 week programs will be on Wednesdays from January 27 – April 7 and will be off for Spring Break 3/15-3/19.
The cost will be $75/ residents and $85/non-residents. Additional equipment needed is listed below that is required for class.
Class 1 - Bring Your Own Bells - Grades K-3
Orff-based ensemble class for primary children, with a focus on music reading and fun. We will work on learning to play basic melodies and orchestrate them into full pieces. Class meets for 45 minutes for 10 sessions. Class has a minimum of 5 students, with a maximum of 12. Social distancing will be maintained and masks will be worn. Sheet music and other supplemental materials will be delivered via an online learning management system to limit possible contamination. Should this class be unable to complete the semester in person, the class will continue via Zoom.
Students need the following instruments:
- Mallet percussion instrument with at least a C to C one octave range, one octave set of boomwhackers, desk bells or small battery operated keyboard. If instrument is not color coded to match boomwhacker colors, a set of tape flags (Dollar tree) is recommended.
- Small drum instrument, such as hand drum, bongos, tubano or floor toms
- Other small percussion instruments, such as claves, shakers, finger cymbals, jingle bells, tambourine
- Movement prop such as a scarf, ribbon wand, or streamers. If you do not have these, kit H or HB will provide what is needed. https://www.westmusic.com/personal-elementary-music-kits/west-music-personal-elementary-music-kit-h-for-205948?returnurl=%2fpersonal-elementary-music-kits%2f%3fcount%3d18
- Binder and access to a printer for digital files, or a digital device to access files (downloaded before class). Color printer recommended.
- A yoga mat or similar sitting surface is recommended, since we will be sitting on the floor and to maintain space around the instruments when we are moving in our bubbles.
Class 2 - Bring Your Own Bucket! Grades 4 and up
Bucket drumming and rhythm class for elementary age students. Students will work on rhythmic reading and playing using bucket drums and hand percussion, including recycled and found objects. Class meets for 45 minutes for 10 sessions beginning in September. Minimum 5 students, maximum of 12. Social distancing will be maintained and masks will be worn, Sheet music and other supplemental materials will be delivered via a Google Classroom. Should this class be unable to complete this semester in person, this class will continue via Zoom.
Students need the following materials:
- New 5 gallon bucket
- Medium weight drumsticks
- Hand percussion, such as shakers, hand drums, tambourines, etc-whatever you have at home-or can create.
- Optional, but recommended-Boomwhackers. If you do not want to find these materials on your own, kit J or J-B will provide what is needed. https://www.westmusic.com/personal-elementary-music-kits/west-music-personal-elementary-music-kit-j-b-for-205968?returnurl=%2fpersonal-elementary-music-kits%2f
- binder and access to a printer for digital files, or a digital device to access files (downloaded before class)
A Yoga mat or similar sitting surface is recommended