Parks & Recreation
Please remember that even as we begin to resume activities in our parks and facilities that social distancing, wearing a face covering while in public, and personal hygiene (washing hands, covering coughs/sneezes) remains the most important aspects of keeping yourself and others safe. We strongly encourage all residents to assist us in the safe use of our parks and facilities so that they can remain open!
Please continue to follow updates through this page and our Department’s other social media outlets for the latest information.
What’s currently open?
- All Parks facilities (Bartlett Recreation Center, Bartlett Senior Center, and Singleton Community Center) are open for members only with some restrictions including limited capacity and reservation requirements for some classes and activities.
- All greenways, parks, and walking paths remain open
- Accepting reservations at all outdoor shelters - click here for all the details
- All public restrooms are open!
- Playgrounds are all open! Please continue to observe social distancing from others outside of your household.
- The Athletics Office is in the midst of their youth baseball/softball and adult softball leagues with summer adult basketball currently open for registration.
What’s currently closed?
Water fountains at all parks are closed per the most recent Shelby County Health Directive. Ellendale Park Restroom has been demolished and will be replaced with a brand new, ADA-compliant structure by Fall 2021.
The City's first dedicated outdoor pickleball courts are currently under construction at Shadowlawn Park which is located next to the Bartlett Ninth Grade Academy. Once completed, this facility will provide six lighted courts for public use. Due to weather delays this project's estimated completion date is the 2nd quarter of 2021.
ELLENDALE PARK ADA RESTROOMS
The restroom building at Ellendale Park is being replaced this year with a new ADA-compliant facility thanks in large part to a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from Shelby County. Demolition of the existing structure has been completed and the foundation for the new structure has just been poured with an estimated completion timeline of not more than 220 days from start date.
Providing Bartlett Residents with quality, fun
recreational opportunities and facilities.
Our Vision Statement
Continue to be a leader in creating recreational opportunities and facilities for Bartlett citizens from childhood to retirement.
Facilities & Services
Discover details on the fine facilities and many services offered through the Parks and Recreation Department.