Parks & Recreation
Please remember that even as we begin to resume activities in our parks and facilities that social distancing, wearing a face covering while in public, and personal hygiene (washing hands, covering coughs/sneezes) remains the most important aspects of keeping yourself and others safe. We strongly encourage all residents to assist us in the safe use of our parks and facilities so that they can remain open!
While traditional, large-scale special events sponsored by the Parks Department were not offered through most of 2020, our Department was able to help provide a creative alternative for the Christmas holiday with a "Reverse" Christmas Parade!
Please continue to follow updates through this page and our Department’s other social media outlets for the latest information.
What’s currently open?
- All Parks facilities (Bartlett Recreation Center, Bartlett Senior Center, and Singleton Community Center) are open for members only with some restrictions including limited capacity and reservation requirements for some classes and activities.
- All greenways, parks, and walking paths remain open.
- Restrooms at W.J. Freeman Park and Municipal Park are open.
- Playgrounds are all open! Please continue to observe social distancing from others outside of your household.
- The Athletics Office is in the midst of running their youth and adult basketball leagues through mid-March 2021. Registration for spring sports (baseball, softball, and volleyball) is available through midnight 2-25-2021.
What’s currently closed?
Water fountains at all parks are closed and the restrooms at Dixon-Brewer Park, Ellendale Park, Freeman-Smith Park, and Shadowlawn Park have been winterized and are closed until Spring 2021.
The Fletcher Creek Greenway: Phase 2 installation is awaiting final sign off by TDOT following the walkthrough their representatives completed with City representatives and the contractor on February 4, 2021.
If you're not familiar with the location of this future expansion, the parking lot is at the corner of Yale Road and Brother Boulevard.
OUTDOOR PICKLEBALL COURTS
The City's first dedicated outdoor pickleball courts are currently under construction at Shadowlawn Park which is located next to the Bartlett Ninth Grade Academy. Once completed, this facility will provide six lighted courts for public use. Due to weather delays this project's estimated completion date is the 2nd quarter of 2021.
ELLENDALE PARK ADA RESTROOMS
The restroom building at Ellendale Park will be replaced this year with a new ADA-compliant facility thanks in large part to a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from Shelby County. Demolition of the existing structure will begin in early Spring 2021 with an estimated completion timeline of 220 days.
Providing Bartlett Residents with quality, fun
recreational opportunities and facilities.
Our Vision Statement
Continue to be a leader in creating recreational opportunities and facilities for Bartlett citizens from childhood to retirement.
Facilities & Services
Discover details on the fine facilities and many services offered through the Parks and Recreation Department.