Bartlett Citizens, Lets Give Ourselves a Hi-5 82.2% of us have taken the Census!
September 30th is the deadline for taking the Census. You can still take the Census online, by phone, or with a Census Taker. We are counting on you!
Taking the Census is an important event. An accurate count of our population opens all sorts of doors for the financial wellbeing of our City. Here are a few examples of what the Census has done for all of us:
- Free meal program through Bartlett City Schools (75,000 free meals were provided March-June during the Covid-19 closure)
- Bartlett High School Remodel
- Old Brownsville Road Improvements
- Fletcher Creek Greenway
- Handicap accessibility curb ramps throughout the City
- Handicap accessible bathroom remodels in several City parks
- Re-paving walking paths/sidewalks in parks
- Cares Act Grant eligibility (PPEs, revenue for both public and private industry)
- Increases our chances for grant eligibility
- Congressional representation/number of seats
- Generates revenue from taxes that are refunded back to our City based on our population
- General fund security to stabilize our property taxes (ex. 60,000 citizens x $135 per person = ± 8,100,000 per year for 10 years)
The Census is taken every 10 years! Census 2020 will set the base until the next Census in the year 2030. So, B Counted in Bartlett, and please take the Census!
The online web address for taking the Census is 2020census.gov, and the toll free phone number is 1-844-330-2020.