If my business closes what do I do?
Business closures are handled by the TN Department of Revenue. All closures will require that the business file a final/closed gross receipt tax return and remittance of all taxes. A copy of the final/closed business tax return must be given to the Bartlett’s Tax Department.
Also, the Shelby County Assessor’s Office Asset Schedule Department must be notified within 15 days after the date of selling or terminating the business. If the business asset schedule is not closed by December 31 of the year in which the business was sold or closed as assessment will be levied for the next year.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to obtain a business license for both the City of Bartlett and Shelby County?
2. How do I obtain a business license?
3. What is a Personalty tax and why do I have to pay it?
4. If my business closes what do I do?